Frequently Asked Question Topics:
- How can I get to the convention?
- Will there a be a shuttle bus from the Manchester, NH airport/bus station?
- Will there a be a shuttle bus from the Boston airport/bus station?
- Do you have driving directions to the hotel?
- If I drive, where can I park?
- Can you help me find a carpool?
- I have never heard of Laconia, NH. What else is there?
- I am flying in at other times, are there other options for me?
- Is there food at the Margate?
- Are there places to buy food outside of the hotel?
- How do I get to these places to buy food?
- HP fans are cool. Do we get discounts for eating at local restaurants?
1. How can I travel to the convention?
You may fly into the Manchester/Boston regional airport in Manchester, New Hampshire. You can also take a Greyhound Bus to Manchester, NH. Again, the bus station is a little over an hour’s drive to Laconia. You may also choose to drive. If you choose to travel by broom, do maintain proper height until you approach the hotel. There were several careless witches and wizards spotted by curious muggles in 2013. Additionally, if you plan to travel by Floo, note the United States regional dialect shift in New Hampshire to avoid ending up in the wrong fireplace!
2. Will there a be a shuttle bus from the Manchester, NH airport/bus station?
Yes, we will be providing a shuttle bus for an additional fee. Shuttle Buses will run between the hotel and the airport/bus station on Wednesday, Thursday, and Monday ONLY. The cost of the shuttle will be determined shortly by the vendor. The shuttle will run at regularly scheduled intervals and you will be transported at the most appropriate time. Shuttles will not be run by MISTI-Con, so please ask questions of the shuttle company directly once we have made the arrangements.
3. Will there a be a shuttle bus from the Boston airport/bus station?
We will be providing one shuttle from the Logan airport in Boston to MISTI-Con on Thursday evening. If you fly into Boston, you may decide to rent a car and carpool with other guests, (arrange this on our forums) or you may attempt to take the airport shuttle (not affiliated with MISTI) to Manchester and then take the shuttle to the convention from there.
4. Do you have driving directions to the hotel?
Please check the “Hotel Info & Directions” section for driving directions to the hotel.
5. If I drive, where can I park?
There is free parking for hotel guests at the Margate.
6. Can you help me find a carpool?
To look for carpools and communicate with other convention attendees, please check our forums.
7. I have never heard of Laconia, NH. What else is there?
There are many museums, antique shops and state parks in and around Laconia and Lake Winnipesaukee. Laconia is also famous for Motorcycle Week, in its 92nd year in 2015.
8. I am flying in at other times, are there other options for me?
1. If you would like to try to reserve a shuttle on your own, you can contact our shuttle partner- Lakes Region Airport Shuttles and they may be able to help you!
Also, there are buses available that originate from both the New York City area and Boston/Logan airport that you can take and be dropped off at the Concord Bus Station. Here are some buses from New York to Concord: http://locations.greyhound.com/bus-routes/destination/new-york-ny/concord-nh#fare-search
Here are some buses from Boston/Logan to Concord (and they will have New York to Concord buses up soon): https://concordcoachlines.com/
1. Is there food at the Margate?
The Margate provides continental breakfast each morning and MISTI-Con will have some munchies available in the lounge. The hotel restaurant and bar grill will also be open! Do note though that many guests have found it difficult to find places in Laconia that provide for Gluten free, vegetarian, or other dietary needs. If you have special dietary needs, please call ahead and find out what is available (or plan to shop at Shaw's). Also, please remember to note on registration or email the MISTI-Con staff so we are aware of your dietary restrictions.
2. Are there places to buy food outside of the hotel?
Yes! There are many restaurants, fast food establishments, and a grocery store within a few blocks of the hotel.
3.How do I get to these places to buy food?
Many local restaurants are within walking distance of the Margate. For others, you will want to make friends and carpool.
4. HP fans are cool. Do we get discounts for eating at local restaurants?
Yes, MISTI-Con has previously partnered with many local restaurants to provide discounts. Full details will be available in your con-packets.