With the success of MISTI-Con 2013, the Ministry has restaffed and continued rebuilding at a steady pace. The Minister has declared a new initiative to repair relations with our wizarding brethren around the world.
We have outlined some of these below:
- We will be expanding our cosplay programming, both formal and informal. Including using some of the largest possible conference rooms for the cosplay lectures and presentations.
-The Enthusiasts photo team will also be returning and they will be providing a few presentations themselves!
-We will be offering structured “themed” photo-shoot time periods for easy coordination and scheduling. These will take place during light programming periods to avoid conflicts. Most likely taking place during our lunch breaks. (For example: “All Bellatrix photo-shoot 3pm Saturday”, “Dueling photo-shoot 2pm Friday”)
- Our lunch break and dinner break time periods will remain unchanged. But lighter programming and additional meetups and gatherings will be programmed during lunch breaks.
To compensate for this, we are expanding our craft faire significantly. It will be the centerpiece of our Wizarding World’s Fair carnival running from 12pm - 5pm the Saturday of the convention in the main events tent. The craft faire will be open to the public and advertised to the local community, allowing for both convention attendee traffic and local fans.
Amenities: - The Margate will be 100% operational for the summer season and memorial day weekend. This includes the following:
- Fully operational kitchen with on duty chef and full menu
- The beach cabana will be open and fully operational. Food service is available and of course beverage service.
- The Margate now has an ATM in the main lobby. No need to head across the street for cash!
Fan Produced Productions:
- The MISTI-Con team will be accepting submissions for fan theater productions, musicals, etc. A very important set of guidelines will be released that will outline the requirements for submitting this kind of programming. We strongly recommend waiting until this document is made available before anyone starts putting serious effort into their production.
There are, of course many more exciting announcements, some we will reveal in the coming months. Please stay tuned as our fundraiser will be launched soon along with the first opportunities to buy registrations!
We thank everyone for their fantastic support and look forward to having you along for the journey towards MISTI-Con 2015!